Just what your walls were missing.
It’s back to school time already, and can you believe that 2019 is the 150th anniversary of the Periodic Table!? It seems like just yesterday the kids were still learning to roll over and we were discovering argon.
To commemorate this monumental anniversary, I’m having a contest to give away a stunning set of posters from Periodic Presidents. (You might remember them from my holiday gift guide for history lovers.)
Their posters are captivating mixtures between science and American history, featuring bold infographic visualizations of all the American presidents to dates and every US presidential election to date arranged like the Periodic Table. These are perfect for any US history, government, social studies, or science classroom.
And though they would look especially great on a classroom wall, the truth is they would make good conversation pieces anywhere — your living room, office, bathroom, the ceiling of your dental exam room — the sky is the limit.
All you need to do to win is share some thoughts about the value of teaching history and/or science!
The “Periodic Presidents Poster Contest” is sponsored by Plodding Through The Presidents and governed by these super official rules. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to anyone who has internet access, a valid email account, and a US address for receiving the posters.
CONTEST PERIOD: The contest submission period begins at Saturday, August 17 at midnight PST and ends Friday, September 6 at noon PST.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Write a short 300-word or less personal essay about the value of teaching history and/or science.
- You do not need to be a teacher to enter, but entries should speak to the sharing of knowledge – what it means to you, how you or someone you know inspires intellectual curiosity in others, or a personal story about learning history and/or science.
- Submit your essays via the Plodding Through The Presidents’ contact page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure the subject is “Periodic Presidents Contest.” Include your first name, last name, and email address.
- Entries are limited to one (1) submission per person.
- All entries received during the submission period will be read and judged subjectively by the sponsor. (That’s me!)
- One grand prize winner will be chosen by me, along with 2 runner-ups.
- The winners will be announced on or about September 15, 2019. The winning entries and winner’s names may be published here for publicity purposes without payment.
- The announcement and instructions for receiving the prize will be sent to the email address supplied on the potential prize winner’s entry form. If a potential winner cannot be reached by within ten (10) days using the contact information they provided or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize. 🙁
- One (1) Grand Prize: Two (2) “The Periodic Table of the Presidents” 24″ x 36″ posters and two (2) “The Periodic Table of Presidential Elections” 24″ x 36″ posters. Maximum value is $56.
- Two (2) Runner Up Prizes: One (1) “The Periodic Table of the Presidents” 24″ x 36″ poster and one (1) “The Periodic Table of Presidential Elections” 24″ x 36″ poster. Maximum value is $28.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Question: What are the contest rules?
Answer: Seriously? Scroll up.
- Question: The guidelines for the essay are kind of loose. Can I use the PTA meeting scene from Field of Dreams where Amy Madigan’s character makes an impassioned speech against banning books as inspiration?
Answer: I can’t stop you from doing that.
Note: Sharing this contest, other Plodding Through The Presidents articles, or my daily Facebook posts with your history enthusiast friends, and/or inviting your friends to like my Facebook page will not improve your chances of winning this contest but may help you win friends and influence people.
Any questions regarding this contest should be directed to email@example.com.
Good luck, history and science lovers!