Burning hot letters that refused to be burned
We couldn’t let this Valentine’s and Presidents Day weekend go by without a special bonus episode!
We discuss a few sweet and weird love letters from early presidents like John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson before diving into the raunchy trove of letters that came out of Warren G. Harding semi-treasonous affair with Carrie Fulton Phillips. Listener discretion advised.
At the end of the episode, we also shared a shot clip of our Patreon-exclusive podcast “Kinderplodding” where we talk about presidential stories with our precocious 6-year-old daughter. You can hear full episodes by joining our Patreon family at the Plodder Supreme level or higher.
These are the tiers and benefits for our Patreon supporters:
Premier Plodder – $3 per month
- Access to private Facebook group with exclusive photo and video content
- Podcast cuts and bloopers
- Handwritten welcome letter, sticker, and (while supplies last) naughty presidential Valentine postcard
Plodder Supreme – $6 per month
- Everything that comes with being a Premier Plodder, PLUS:
- Access to exclusive monthly “Kinderplodding” podcast with our daughter
- Shoutout on podcast and social media
Plodder in Chief – $10 per month
- Everything that comes with the Plodder Supreme tier, PLUS:
- Invitation to live monthly video meetup
- Choose a topic for a podcast segment
Platinum Plodder – $20 per month
- Everything that comes with the Plodder in Chief tier, PLUS:
- Annual gift package including box set of naughty presidential Valentine postcards, greeting cards, water bottle, and/or exclusive merch. (Must be a member for 3 months before receiving annual gift.)
Sign up or find out more at https://www.patreon.com/ploddingthroughthepresidents